Ask Maxwell: What Is Your Daughter’s Favorite School Snack?
I will tell you that Ursula is actually — God bless her! — very good at choosing the healthy snack route, though she’s no stranger to ice cream and candy after school and no one’s looking. When I asked her directly what she LOVES, this is what she said. I am quoting:
“Peanut butter and dates, pretzels/carrots/cucumbers with hummus, chips, popcorn, avocado toast, smoothie.”
The very last one — smoothie — is code for something that could well be close to a milk shake, but I didn’t dig in. One of her favorite shops in the whole world is Jamba Juice and the other is — hands down — Starbucks, where she LOVES herself a Dragon Drink so much that she’s tried to make them at home.
But I digress.
My big tip for you this week is a snack that an adult friend got me on to and is super healthy and super addictive and tasty: Cauliflower Bites. I urge you to try them on your son. I would bet 100% that he likes them AND can’t believe that he’s eating cauliflower. 🙂
PS. and if you like cooking and MAKING THEM AT HOME — stunning — check out all these recipes on our cooking site, Kitchn.
Top 10 Most Popular Questions & Answers This Week
(I keep changing this each week based on your clicks)
- Advice on Alternatives to Screen Time?
- How To Relax About Using Public Restrooms on the Road?
- Great Gift Ideas for a 7-Year-Old Who Only Likes Video Games?
- The Funniest & Funnest Thing I Found This Summer
- Tips on Allowance & Chores?
- Great Ideas for Back To School Rituals?
- How Do I Best Settle Parenting Disputes with My Partner?
- Best Advice on Getting Kids to do Weekly Chores?
- What’s The Best School Lunch Box?
- Should I Feel Guilty that I Only Have One Child?
Maxwell Ryan is a father and was an elementary school teacher in NYC before founding Apartment Therapy. He’d love to answer your question: email@example.com. This piece was created for Cubby, our weekly newsletter for families at home. Want more? Sign up here for a weekly splash of fun and good ideas for families with kids.
Cubby. Real solutions for unreal times.
Join us for a weekly dose of fresh, modern ideas for life at home with your kids.