Ask Maxwell: Your Best Ideas for Easy Book Storage?
You’ve got a good problem there to solve. I also know what it’s like when your kid loves books, but tends to treat them like empty candy-bar wrappers that get thrown on the floor after use. While it will be years before they get taught how to care for books in a proper library setting, let’s get them some easy storage, close to the floor, that makes cleanup a quick, painless affair.
Aspiration: we want our kids to put the books in themselves!
Concept: Close to the floor storage with boxed sides that hold books easily upright so their spines can be read.
Latest Best Ideas:
Top 10 Most Popular Questions & Answers This Week
(I keep changing this each week based on your clicks)
- Great Ideas for New Parents Gifts
- How Do I Entertain the Kids, Find Fun Things to do and Just Reinvigorate as a Parent?
- Should I Pick Up After My Children or Make Them Do It?
- Best Rug for My Kitchen?
- My Favorite Christmas Carol Tradition
- Childhood Memory: All Summer Long – 1975
- What Are Some Sweet Valentine’s Gift Ideas for My Child?
- Childhood Memory: My Father’s House – 1966
- How Do I Fix a Squeaky Floor?
- The Very Best of 2021
Maxwell Ryan is a father and was an elementary school teacher in NYC before founding Apartment Therapy. He’d love to answer your question: email@example.com. This piece was created for Cubby, our weekly newsletter for families at home. Want more? Sign up here for a weekly splash of fun and good ideas for families with kids.
Cubby. Real solutions for unreal times.
Join us for a weekly dose of fresh, modern ideas for life at home with your kids.