Ask Maxwell: What’s Your Quickest Go To Dinner for Kids?
I have to admit that there are some nights in the month when I don’t cook at all, when we get home late or want to make dinner quickly so we can do other things, and that’s when we reach for the smoothie. We have a Nutribullet to make it really easy, and I do believe it’s probably healthier than some of the other things I cook, because I love butter, meat and other juicy fatty things.
Smoothie night is super popular with Ursula as well, and now she will lead the charge and make them. This is her favorite recipe:
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup frozen cherries
“handfuls” spinach or kale
spoonful almond butter
1 scoop unflavored protein powder
1/4 cup rolled oats
(optional) 1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 cup oat milk
To which she added, when she texted this to me, “idk about the measurements though i just guessed.” 🙂
The other nice thing about smoothies, is that we keep all the frozen stuff in the freezer all the time and the rest is easy to stock or swap for some other green if you don’t have kale or spinach, so it’s easy to pivot to this without any planning.
Give it a try if you haven’t yet. It’s a nice extra tool to have in your meal toolkit.
Top 10 Most Popular Questions & Answers This Week
(I keep changing this each week based on your clicks)
- What’s the Best Inflatable Pool for Summer 2022?
- What’s Your Best Beach Gear for Summer?
- What’s the Funnest/Funniest Thing I Found This Summer?
- Childhood Memory: Dad & The Accident
- How Can I Help My Daughter to Fall Asleep?
- What’s the Importance of Boredom?
- What’s the Perfect Color for a Low-Light Bedroom?
- Childhood Story: Orange Pants & The Purple Villain
- How Can I Get My Son Excited About Reading?
- What in the World Do I Gift my Tween?
Maxwell Ryan is a father and was an elementary school teacher in NYC before founding Apartment Therapy. He’d love to answer your question: email@example.com. This piece was created for Cubby, our weekly newsletter for families at home. Want more? Sign up here for a weekly splash of fun and good ideas for families with kids.
Cubby. Real solutions for unreal times.
Join us for a weekly dose of fresh, modern ideas for life at home with your kids.