I Tried the No-Bake Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake and It’s Absolutely Decadent
There aren’t too many sweet treats that I’ll turn down, but as much as I love to eat them, making them is a whole different story. After all, as much as I love chocolate cake, it can take a while to make it — and who wants to turn on a hot oven in summer? So when I discovered icebox cakes, I was immediately obsessed.
Of course, someone on TikTok decided to combine my obsessions to create this decadent Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake. Made with minimal ingredients — including my favorite cookie of them all, chocolate chip — this recipe is quick, easy, and of course, delicious. So, I grabbed all the ingredients I needed and got to work.
How to Make Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake
You only need four ingredients for this recipe: whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies, Nutella, and milk.
- In a small bowl, pour your milk and set aside.
- Next, add whipped cream into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and place your first layer of whipped cream at the bottom before dipping your chocolate chip cookies into your milk and placing in your loaf pan as the next layer.
- Follow with a layer of Nutella and repeat this process until your pan is completely full.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour before serving.
My Honest Review of Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake
This was a very low-lift, high-reward recipe, and I enjoyed every moment of recreating this tasty dessert. It’s perfect for a weekday treat to satisfy that sweet tooth craving after dinner, and it would make a great family-style dessert that everyone can help make.
As for the taste, it actually reminds me a lot of cookie dough ice cream, which is one of my favorite flavors! Thanks to the parchment paper, everything was easy to remove from the loaf pan after it was frozen. I did, however, find it a bit difficult to slice, but running warm water over your knife will help with that. Overall, I think this recipe is a quick and easy treat, and I’d give it an 8 out of 10.
Tips for Making Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake
- Feel free to sub out the milk. I used almond milk because I prefer the overall taste over cow’s milk.
- Don’t skip the parchment paper. As mentioned above, the parchment paper makes the removal process from the loaf pan much easier.
- Run warm water on your knife before cutting into your cake. This will keep it from sticking to the knife and make the slicing process much easier.
This post was originally published on The Kitchn. Read it there: I Tried the No-Bake Nutella Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake and It’s Absolutely Decadent