We Spy Our Favorite IKEA Kids’ Bed In This Cute UK Kids’ Room (and Scalloped Shelves, Too!)
Some room designs can make me feel happier after seeing just one photo of them. Shona East’s daughter’s, Violet and Elodie’s, bedroom in their colorful home in the United Kingdom is an example of this! (Her son’s black-and-white bedroom is also fantastic.) The energetic wallpaper, the scalloped shelves, the arches on the window trim and wardrobe door, the big animal-shaped lamp — the space immediately boosts my mood!
However, Violet and Elodie’s bedroom isn’t vibrant solely because of the wallpaper and paint details. There are also sentimental and colorful furniture items, like the bright yellow IKEA beds (a Cubby favorite!), which get a lot of compliments, and can be extended as the kids grow.
The Miffy lamp (the bunny-shaped light fixture) also adds whimsy to the space, and it’s East’s favorite piece in the room. “I’ve wanted one ever since a trip to Amsterdam with a good friend in 2016, and so it was really exciting finally seeing it in its place,” she shared at the time of her house tour.
East’s daughter’s bedroom isn’t the only colorful room in their home. To see more of the vibrant spaces, visit the full house tour on Apartment Therapy.
- Beds — IKEA (sadly, not available in yellow anymore, but rather white and pink options)
- Curtains – IKEA
- Miffy lamp — MoMA Store
- Hello Sunshine neon sign — Lights 4 Fun
- Checked bedding — George Home
- Rainbow cushion — H&M Home
- V & E wall hangings — Sketch by Sam/Etsy
- Wave after Wave wallpaper in peach, bubblegum, mint, and custard — Lust Home
- MDF scallop shelf trim — Camilla Hampton Interiors (similar here)